1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Backups at 4x

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dg3elite, Dec 29, 2004.

1. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

anyone burn EA SPORTS games at 4x without any slow loading once it has burned?

mine burned at 4x it works but loading times very slow and the commentary is off a lot.

what program did u use ( i used DVD Decrypter )

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

I've burned a couple of games at 8x with decrypter and they play fine. The brand of media you're burning to may be the issue but if you can get them to play with no glitches by burning at a slower speed then that might be a better solution than wasting blanks.

3. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

but my problem is that it wont let me select under 4x.. it lets me select 8x, 6x, 4x.. iv tried memorex, TDK and maxell all the same results.

i KNOW its the burning speed that is the problem does ANYONE know what i can try.

Lite-On 1633S Windows XP SP2

thank you

4. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

anyone?

5. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

It depends on your dvdr drive (see if you can find a firmware upgrade for your drive) and the computer that it is installed on (specs - computer memory & CPU). 4x recording of ps2 DVD's is not going to give you the best duplicate.

I do know that if you increase the DVD laser voltage slightly (POT Adjustment - on the ps2) this will fix the load and audio bumps when playing a DVD recorded at that speed.

Also if it is not already, hook up the recording drive as the slave to the main HD or put the drive on the second IDE connection as master. Also don't put the drive on cable select only use master or slave settings.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005