1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backups...newbie

Discussion in 'PS2' started by burnitup, Dec 21, 2002.

1. burnitup

burnitup Member

I am a newbie in this forum so pardon my ignorance. I have a PS2 V4 magic mod chip and a Sony-DRUa. I also have a pioneer dvd reader. I would like to know what media (preferably cheap) is compatible with both the Sony-DRUa and the playstation 2. Would Princo or Accu do the trick and has anyone had success with these brands?I would rather use DVD-R's because I'm not sure if my playstation would read +R's or +RW's. Thanks in Advance!

2. burnitup

burnitup Member

help!!!

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I am not using DVD-r media but only DVD+r and +rw.
    I think you should buy good quality media, and I think Princo works fine.
    Why don't you buy one and try it out.
    If it works you can always buy a spindle of 25 Princo DVD-r. You get my point ?

The messiah rules. ..

4. burnitup

burnitup Member

Yeah, I bought a Princo spindle of 25 from Rima.com and I'm crossing my fingers that both the sony dru-500a and the playstation 2 with both be compatible with the princo dvd-r media. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for the reply!

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look: what you have to do now is make a backup. you have 25 of them so its no use talking about them. Just give it a try.
    I am 99% sure it will work.

Go on and take some riscs in live !

6. burnitup

burnitup Member

great! I hope it works to. Well what i forgot to metion is that that I haven't yet recieved the disks or the burner yet. i get the burner tomorrow and the disks the day after hopefully. I'll keep you posted

7. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Oke I thought so, because of the question over and over again. I think you are a bit worried of the fact you allready bought them and wanted to check if they really work. I understand. So you have to wait and see...
    I allready heard the combination of Sony-DRUa and the Princo's are ok. So don't worry, but let me know if it's ok.