1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backups not working with AR2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by designmo, Sep 8, 2003.

1. designmo

designmo Member

Hello,

I've been trying to play my PS2 backups by using the AR2 boot disc and the swipe method, but to no success. I have a v7 console, and I tried Nero and CDRWin to burn DVD and CD backups of PS2 games. However, I am able to boot PS1 games by using the AR for PS1 disc.

I've been crawling through message boards for a while now, but I can't see why it won't work. So far I've tried to burn Matrix, Onimusha, Tony Hawk 3, Street Fighter EX, and Crash Bandicoot. I've been following all instructions, but either the PS2 freezes after I swapped the disc and press X (because the disc stops spinning), or I get the red "Please insert PS2 disc" screen.

I'm using a 1Ghz Athlon with a Lacie DVD burner. I've tried Memorex, Apple, and TDK Media. I am able to play DVD movie backups, so I know that the PS2 is OK with the Media I'm using. I've read on some forums that you need to "patch" the disc before burning it? Is that true, and if so, what does it mean to "patch a disc"?!?

Is there anyone who can help me? Please, I'm open to any suggestion. Thnx.

P.S.: I know for sure that the AR3 doesn't work, don't waste your money on that. The disc never stops spinning, so the swipe method won't work.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  2. designmo

designmo Member

Anybody? Please! So many of you got it to work, there's gotta be a reason why I can't get it to work...

3. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

you can't boot backups with GS2/AC2 on v7. you need magic swap cd/dvd.

4. designmo

designmo Member

OK, thanks a lot. Now I know what to do.