1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Backups on Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brucezx11, Sep 25, 2003.

1. brucezx11

brucezx11 Member

How do I get alcohol 120% to backup my playstation 2 games. It's on DVD-ROM, and when i go to the Image Making Wizard, it will not allow me to tell it what type of disc I have, the program treats the game as if it were a DVD and not a PS2 game. Any help will be appreciated.

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Thats fine. Just create the image. No need to do anything else. I done it several times that way with no problem.

3. brucezx11

brucezx11 Member

Let me ask you this, do I need to place a mod chip in my PS2 to play backup games using Alcohol 120%? Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Yes. You will need a mod chip or similar way of bypassing the copywrite protection.

(swapdisk, etc)

5. brucezx11

brucezx11 Member

I thought that is what the Alcohol 120% did.

6. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Nope. Alcohol 120% is only one of several programs that copy the original game disk.

7. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

copyright protection is a code protection on all games,dvds,cds when making the game image with a program such as alcohol it takes the protection off (not all programs copy protected disks) and a modchip is to read the media the backup is put on and also to play import games

8. brucezx11

brucezx11 Member

Ok, i gotcha.
    I was wondering. I am not new to backing up cd's/dvd's but I've never tried backing up my PS2 games. If using Alcohol 120% what type of mod chip would I need to install into my PS2 to play my backups and preserve my originals from general use? As always all comments are appreciated.

9. Vendain

Vendain Guest

I picked up a DMS3 that I'm extremely happy with. I had it insalled professionally though.

10. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

yey the dms3 is supposably the best chip for ps2 i have a messiah 2 works a treat.its worth spending out on a good chip such as these two or a magic ne of those 3 installed professianly will do the job just

11. Benefic

Benefic Guest

I bought a DMS3 about a week ago and backed up all my PS2 games without a problem. It gets kind of addicting if you ask me. It does it all and I have never been happier.

12. brucezx11

brucezx11 Member

Guys thanks for all of the help, last but not least, where can I get this chip that you are referring to? I am very excited about backing up my games as I do my DVD's and CD's I am looking forward to the same kind of fun with my PS2.

13. Benefic

Benefic Guest

Well I got mine from The Modchip Man got here in 3 days pre-modded. Amazing service check out the reviews on the premodded PS2 page I just put one up. I used there craftmanship to solder my other 2 PS2's with DMS3's. It's nice to use a reference when you are not completely sure. Now I have Universal PS2 though-out my home. I basically use my burner for PS2 only. I think it's the most cost effictive and DVD's are so hard to get a perfect 1:1 copy on.

14. jk323

jk323 Guest

HMmmmmm!!!!!! so when you guys use alcohol it asks you if its a playstation 2 disc or not doesnt it auto detect it because on my version of alcohol it doesnt ask u anything like that when i opend copy wizard it but u can always change settings in options mode is that what you guys r talking about because when i open copy wizard it asks nothing of what type of disc it is someone please tell me because if this is not supposed to happen i will dl a newer version of alcohol thanks

15. jk323

jk323 Guest

CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTION??? why wont alcohol give me the options to put playstation 2 disc or anything like that it only gives me those options when i go to options not on copy wizard or sometimes u will give me options on copy wizard but when thats only before i put cd in and even though i do that way i put playstation 2 disc and insert the disc and that option goes away if it doesnt go away it wont let me press the next button is this a problem with my alcohol or is it supposed to be like that
    THanks~

16. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

As far as I know the options only show up for PS1 or PS2 CD based games. DVD games dont have any options. Its just a raw 1:1 copy.

17. Jriddl

Jriddl Guest

Im using Nero to backup PS2 Games some games get into the game and lock up whats my problem?

18. psxmods2

psxmods2 Guest

Edited for content that violates forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2003
  19. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Do not post links to backup sales. It is against the rules. You have been warned, do it or anything else against the rules and you will be banned for it..

20. Califano

Califano Member

Hey. I am new at makeing backing up's og PS2 DVD discs. I have backed up PSX's but not a PS2 DVD. I have DVD+R discs and i use Alcohol 120%. I would like it if some one could explain to me how to back-up a PS2 DVD using Alcohol 120% thanks.