1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backups on ps3!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by thesquid, Apr 2, 2007.

1. thesquid

thesquid Member

ok, i saw a video on youtube of some kid playing his backed up ps2 game on ps3. I was wondering if anybody out there knew how to do this, because i really want to know!

p.s. for the video go on youtube and search ps3 hacks

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It's FAKE.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It is possible IF you have the right Swap Magic and want to crack open your PS3 and have it in pieces just to boot a PS2 game.

4. thesquid

thesquid Member

what do u mean crack it open, like take it apart?
    also, y couldnt you dump a ps2 game iso onto your hard drive and put a ps2 iso loader on it to play your back ups?

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I thought it had been proven as fake ?
    D@mn, i need to spend more time checking the PS3 facts, i'm lagging behind :'(

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Swap Magic works,but since Sony is going to use emulation real soon some games won't work.The people that have the PS2 enigma chip tooken out,will have problems with PS2 games.There is no way to run PS2 games off the PS3 harddrive,and there won't be anytime soon.The reason PS2 backups won't run off the harddrive is the fact that PS2 harddrive utilities recognize IDE harddrives.They don't recognize SATA harddrives,which would have to be coded and takes time.

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Hey Burna, long time no see :)
    But to get on topic, you mean to tell me i could just swipe my brother's swapmagic and use it with my US PS3 to play my PS2 backups ?
    *runs off to google and subsequently his brother's room*

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah you would still need to trick the dvd drive into thinking a PS2 disc is in the drive when you swap.The videos posted on Swap Magic are legit,but the problem is you have to take the dvd drive cover off of the PS3 for the time being.I was thinking a PS3 fliptop cover would be nice to have,and have worked with AutoCAD to make a detail drawing of the idea.