1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Backups Rainbow Six 3 and Full Spectrum Warrior

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by TheLatics, Apr 17, 2005.

1. TheLatics

TheLatics Member

I'm getting a bit fed up of making coasters for my lads' PS2.

Rainbow Six 3 - Made ISO's using DVD Decryptor and each time I try to write it it won't work on his V3 PAL PS2 using Swap magic 3.3 disks.

Same now happening with Full Spectrum Warrior, load screen then nothing.

Lets not even talk about how much trouble Mecenaries has caused. I've tried to Patch it and the resultant ISO was burned at 1x on reliable disks, and still nothing "Not a Valid PS2 Disk".

I have noticed that DVD Decryptor seems to actually write at around 4x even though I specified 1x ?

I used to only use Clony XXL then Alcohol 120%, but had some problems with some games so swithced to DVD Decryptor.

Anybody give some help on my many and varied problems here?

What is the most reliable method for both extracing the game, and then for writing it again.

Should I use things like ISO buster before writing disks.

Has anyone patched Mercenaries with the German program and got it to work.

Why is rainbow Six 3 playing up, it doesn't sugest it needs anyhting special.

2. chrome38

chrome38 Member

swap magic games need to be patched

3. TheLatics

TheLatics Member

I know some games need patching, but many I have didn't need a thing other than straight copy using Alcohol 120%.

I also notice that most of the patches are written for NTSC games, and as I'm a PAL user they may not always be right.

I've tried patching Mercenaries and it created a full size iso file correctly but still wouldn't read it saying 'not a valid ps2 disk'.

The using of DVD Decryptor, ISOBuster, etc etc seems very long-winded, and not always necessary.

Also do you have to drag and drop the files into CDVDGen in the right order, and if so how are you meant to know what the order is on the disk?

Somebody posted the Mercenaries list in that thread, but it had 3 more files than my ISOBuster folder?