1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by leilanew, Jan 20, 2005.

1. leilanew

leilanew Member

ok im a newbie and i have read alot on here and have to say great site heres the thing i want to make ps2 backups i have a 2 year old boy that should say it all lol but i read something on here about the fat 32 problem not reading anything over 4 gigs and that i would ahve to partion my hard drive so can anyone tell me if this is something i would have to do this is want im using

ps2 magic chip
    pc
    900 mhz
    384 megs of ram
    40 gig hd
    win. xp pro
    dvd decrypter

i havent started trying yet cause i figure someone here would know if there is any point in it if i do need to partion part of my drive how much and how do i do it i have about 25 gigs of free space is that going to enough

and thanks for any and all help

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yeah maybe if u start using some explanation points somebody will understand u , i dont and i dont bother.

3. leilanew

leilanew Member

hey r0c0 what are you talking about you are makeing no sense with that reply if you dont have anything to say that would help dont bother to post

4. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

look, u dont make sense cuz u cant even use a DOT or a question mark . So wtf , it looks like ure 2 year old posted that question. If u want people to help u at least make a decent question that is understandable for everybody. man , people look really dumd NOT USING dots and other marks.

to be a fair man, this is what i think ure answer could be after reading it 6 times : nfts partitions can be made easily with a program called norton partition magic, just create 1 from 10gb , should be enough

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  5. leilanew

leilanew Member

well now was that so hard lol what are you some kind of english teacher lol didnt know it was required to use "dot and other marks" lol in order to post and try to get someones sex right i mean how many men do you know named leila so from here out just buzz off and stay out of my post i would perfer no help to that of someone like yourself thanks

6. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

still u look like a idiot with your writing but w/e

7. OmniHK

OmniHK Member

you will be able to burn quite a lot of backups of PS2 games with a FAT32 HD.

you won't be able to burn some games though as they will be bigger than 4GB and FAT32 doesn't support single files over 4GB.

8. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Just use DVD Decrypter. For games over 4gb, dvd decryper will split up the .iso file into .I00 and .I01 files. Just burn the .mds file and it will link the .I00 and .I01 files together for a successful burn.

9. marderfg

marderfg Member

roco u know what he is going on about stop taking the piss

10. leilanew

leilanew Member

well i burnt the mds file like you said and all i get is a disc read error, im trying to burn gta:sa and i see there has been some problems with that game, could it be that game needs something different in order for me to burn it, like changing fat 32 to ntfs? just wondering like i said im a newbie lol

thanks guys

11. marderfg

marderfg Member

have you tryed a patch for the game you are trying to copy should i say backup some games need a patch i use dvd decryptr i dont have that problem with fat32 as i run xp witch let you use more than 4gb of space recomend upgread if you have lots of problems