1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ps2freak2, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ps2freak2

ps2freak2 Member

Hi there,
    I was just wondering if anyone can help me..If went through the forums and can't seem to find the answer. I have a modchip in my PS2 Slim and I backed up a game on DVD which DVD Decryp says I did fine. I try the game out but it tells me to put in a PS2 game. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help me? I've wrecked 5 dvd's thinking I've done something wrong. The modchip does work. It's been tested. I don't know what else to do.

THanks,

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Some mod chips you still need to use a swap disc for it to work. What kind do you have? Someone who has that chip may be able to help. I know the DMS4 pro chip i have had to be flashed with ToxicOS for it to load a backup without a swap disc.
    Also what type of media do you use?

3. ps2freak2

ps2freak2 Member

I am currently using the Magic KX Modchip that is specifically for the PS2 slim. I currently use DVD decrypeter or nero. Also have many other programs to backup dvd's. If anyone can help me please let me know. I'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks again,