1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by tel1980, Apr 19, 2005.

1. tel1980

tel1980 Guest

Hi, Can anyone tell me if the lastest versions of ps2 games need to be patched in order to play, im using swap magic 3.3 with flip top and have been able to backup and play simpsons road rage which was produced in 2001, I have tried to backup 10 most wanted, ghost recon 2, fifa street, and a few other lastest releases using either nero 6.0 and alcohol 120% and even using dvd decrypter, they burn alright but when you go to play them they tend to freeze on the load up screen or dont play at all, you get the screen with a picture of your memory card then a gold cd next to it, when you select the gold cd it trys to play then returns to the main screen, if there are patches available could someone give me a link to the website, this is really starting to do my head in. please help regards Tel

2. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

What speed are you burning at?

And what media are you using?

You need to burn as slow as possible and dont use cheap media, it wont work as well as decent stuff.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. tel1980

tel1980 Guest

im using shite media and burning at max have tried burning at 2.4, just seem weird that the older games work no problem regardless of what speed you burn at