1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 BOOT DISCS

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by ludlum, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ludlum

ludlum Member

CAN SUM1 TELL ME HOW TO PLAY BACKUPS OF MY GAMES WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE A MOD CHIP? I KNOW THAT YOU CAN HAVE A DISC CALLED MAGIC OR SUMTHING, BUT IS THERE ANYWAY TO PLAY MY BURNT GAMES ON MY PS2 WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ANYMONEY? I HAVE DVD DECRYPTOR AND A DVD/CD BURNER. IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT IS FREE AND DOES THE SAME JOB? OR DOES SOMEONE HAVE A LINK TO A WEB SITE THAT HAS GOT A FREE DOWNLOAD OF A GOOD PROGRAM??? PLZ HELP ME CAUSE I REALLY WANT TO KNOW

NE HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ;)

CHEERS, TED

2. hursty

hursty Active member

ted,caps is considered shouting,so write in small letters!!

and the answer your are looking for is no,
    monies is required,unless you steal what you need
    regards hursty

smokyrain likes this.
  3. ludlum

ludlum Member

sorry bout the caps the man,

so there is no progrm that will do it for free?
    i no its a long shot, but is there a program with a free trial or sumthin, cause i wanna see wat they r like (ive neva had a burnt game or nuthin like that b4 so i dont no wat the quality and stuff r like)?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip. http://www.swapmagic3.com

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

DVD Decryptor YOUR FREE PROGRAM
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror=0&software_id=298

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

5. ludlum

ludlum Member

i live in australia so is their any settings i need to change, like the pal or ntsc thing?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

depends on the Games, are they Pal or NTSC.. I'm guessing they are PAl if you are in Australia

7. ludlum

ludlum Member

yes they r pal over here

8. hursty

hursty Active member

u can copy as many games as you like,but without a modding device you are wasting your time,
    you just cannot get them to work without spending a little cash

regards

9. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey ludlum have u got a modchip.If so where do u liv(SA,WA,NSW,VIC,QLD,NT) and where did u get urs from.I want one but dont know where to get 1.

10. ludlum

ludlum Member

nah i dont have 1

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Damn do u know where i could find a site where i could order 1? solderless would be good and in austrlia.

12. ludlum

ludlum Member

lol, nah man i would have no idea at all, im just tryin to get these games totally free..........and im in sa.....(u replied qikly)

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Dam. Im in sa 2 dam hard 2 find ne in this state.Theres supposed to be lots of people that mod ps2s n consoles in melbourne though if only i could get a mod chip thats al i need then find sum1 to install it. But it has to come from australia.

14. LostPride

LostPride Guest

if your looking for a mod chip for ps2.....just search google....they have a modchip that actually plugs in to the memory card slot (so it wont void your warranty if you still have one)

as for xbox...(there kind of expensive but easy enough to find)

with ps2 though it would be better to just get a boot up disc (swap magic ...a lot cheaper) swapmagic.com ...and a flip top or you remove the cover of the disk tray..(do not press eject) then look for a litle white tab ..which you slide all the way write and that manually opens the disk tray...then take out the boot disk...and replace with burned game...then close disk tray (do not push eject) once disk tray is closed use a strong paperclip or other thin but strong object...and slide the white tab all the way back to the left.....keep disk tray cover off(the thing with the little ps2 symbol....

it make take a few trys but with some practice its well worth it..

P.S. here are some websites to get mod-chips for ps2 and xbox...

this is probably one of the best....www.mod-chip.com

and here is a great site for external modchips and boot discs

hope they work out.....Happy Gaming

15. LostPride

LostPride Guest

if your looking for a mod chip for ps2.....just search google....they have a modchip that actually plugs in to the memory card slot (so it wont void your warranty if you still have one)

as for xbox...(there kind of expensive but easy enough to find)

with ps2 though it would be better to just get a boot up disc (swap magic ...a lot cheaper) swapmagic.com ...and a flip top or you remove the cover of the disk tray..(do not press eject) then look for a litle white tab ..which you slide all the way write and that manually opens the disk tray...then take out the boot disk...and replace with burned game...then close disk tray (do not push eject) once disk tray is closed use a strong paperclip or other thin but strong object...and slide the white tab all the way back to the left.....keep disk tray cover off(the thing with the little ps2 symbol....

it make take a few trys but with some practice its well worth it..

P.S. here are some websites to get mod-chips for ps2 and xbox...

this is probably one of the best....www.mod-chip.com

and here is a great site for external modchips and boot discs

hope they work out.....Happy Gaming

16. black18

black18 Member

If your not good with wires and want your ps2 to play the games perfectly you should consider getting a premodded one. The ones from the popular modchip websites are fairly expensive but if you go on craigslist they have a bunch of good deals on premodded systems.

17. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

18. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

is that in us dollars? if it is, 145 for a chip alone for dms4 lite ezi, yea thats a rip off. but if its not us dollars then idk.

19. demonkill

demonkill Regular member

If you want to do it for free and don't mind the risk you might as well use the knife card swap (google knife card swap for more details). Its a bit risky but it is free!

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Nah its in Australian dollers.