1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 boot disk on the game?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by badgryph, Apr 13, 2005.

1. badgryph

badgryph Member

I was thinking the other day and the thought occured to me that if theres a boot disk method for the ps2 then y couldnt a good programer out there just rewrite some code from the boot cd to place on the disk with the games so that it would boot and play without having to change the disk? maybe we could get a group of programers togeather to work on it??? anyways it just a thought!

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

well you sort of need a swao magic or something of that sort to start it anyway but its sort of already been done in a smaller scale.
    Some games that are incompatible with swap magic, ppl have integrated dvdloader into them to you can just do it that way i have a us backup of ARMAX evo that has that feature in it.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no need for programmers. The reason people can't do it is that the boot code is pressed into the disc in an area that you can't burn to.

4. X-Station

X-Station Guest

I hope this is what u want....

PS2 boot disc by Stinky, where u can play emulators, hdd loader, PC-PS2 Link etc...

http://members.shaw.ca/advancetiming/

Download the file, burn it with the instructions given and u have a boot disc for everything!!

5. xrm454

xrm454 Guest

I tried that stuff from stinky maybe im burning it wrong comes up with the insert ps2 game screen??

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

do you have a modchip or using a boot disc?

7. X-Station

X-Station Guest

I think u need to mod ur ps2 to get it working dude.
    Try to avoid nero to burn, use cdrwin or dvd decrypter....
    I got a few coasters with nero...

Or use ps2gen to creat a whole new image if u knwo how to use it....