1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 boots but no video

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by pschris, Jan 29, 2005.

1. pschris

pschris Member

Tried to mod a v1 ps2 with Duo2 S.E. and I think I soldered all the points correctly but obviously not if when I turn it on all I get is a black screen. Is this a typical problem that can easily be fixed? Thanks if you reply.

2. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Just to let you know i have same problem, havent had time to look into it yet, but as soon as i know ill message you

3. pschris

pschris Member

All right. Thanks a lot.

4. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

The only thing you can really do is remove it totally and resolder,if you do make sure your ps2 still works as normal before you start over, this way you know that your machine hasnt developed a fault and works, the worse case scenario is either you have joined 2 places together by mistake or one of your wires is not on properly and the ps2 wont boot cos the chip is getting power but not fulfillng its job, do you know what i mean? Anyway get a magnifying glass go over your board checking all your points make sure that you havent got solder over two legs of the main chip etc,dont worry about the gap on location S apparently it doesnt matter if it joins to the little chip to its left if in doubt email me pics ill have a look for you.