1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 boots CD's, PS1 discs, but not DVD's or PS2 discs...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jedibamf, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jedibamf

jedibamf Member

So, I have a fliptop installed, and I tried to read the stickied thread on the usual problems, but the supposed white dial that would be somewhere in the general area of the laser isn't there. Something tells me it might not be a laser problem in the first place, since it reads mosts discs, except the ones I actually want to play.

I have a version 7 PS2, fliptop installed, and it was working fine until this morning, the other night I used a new DVD Swap Disc and it (the game) worked fine. The next morning, I put in the Swap disc, and the ps2 just refuses to read it, or any other DVD-5 discs.

It's been being faulty ever since we re-installed the original PS2 skin onto the system. However, the fliptop is now back on.

I just want to play my Pop'n Music. ;_;
    Is that so much for a girl to ask?

2. jedibamf

jedibamf Member

If it's not the laser, does somthing need to be reset? It runs fine just it wont process DVD-5 or DVD-9