1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Boots to Setup Screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by OttaCee, Apr 18, 2003.

1. OttaCee

OttaCee Member

I just got a Magic3 professional installed and im having a big problem with it. Everytime I boot the PS2 it brings up the PS logo, then the PS2 logo, and brings me to Language Setup. I can setup all of that. After that im stuck with nothing. It doesnt read the discs. Now i also hear in the back of the PS2 the wheel making alot noise, like its trying to grab something. If i hit restart, it starts all over with the logos and language setup. Im stick in a loop almost. Is my PS2 done for???

2. shnoop

shnoop Member

When you say the language setup, is that the menu with the spinning boxes in the background? If it is i had that problem but with a different chip. I opened up my ps2, looked in, and could not find the problem. When i closed it, the system worked. I later figured out it was because i turned off the system while the tray was open, so when i closed it the ps2 obviously could not detect this.

Try opening your ps2, disconnecting the tray, pushing it in, and then reconnect. Thats what i did.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2003
  3. shnoop

shnoop Member

I forgot to mension that the problem for you probably is that the ps2 thinks the tray is open, so is not trying to detect a disc. Or atleast that is what my problem was when i was in that same situation.

4. OttaCee

OttaCee Member

The screen i get after the 2 Sony Playstation logos show up is a "Select Language". I press X, then comes up a User Preferences screen where i choose a language. I select English. Then ask for what Time Zone im in. It then saves my preferences and gives me the Brower Screen. And doesnt read my disks (no matter what it is).

Holy shit! the time/date was wrong, so i just tried to change the date and time. After i accepted it....its STARTED TO GO BACKWARDS!!!!

Okay so you said Disconnect the Tray?? where??? I will try ANYTHING!

5. cozmo2

cozmo2 Member

I'm afraid it's your install. It sounds like a bios wire problem. It usually is when the time and language won't stick. Make sure the wires are not shorting some how and that nothing is loose and also make sure the wires are routed along the board. Also make sure the r wire is not routed over resonator on the magic itself. I ran across this once also with a V7.