1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 broken!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by -respect-, Apr 13, 2005.

1. -respect-

-respect- Guest

I just broke my slim PS2. I tried to open it to do the tape mod, but an object broke when I wrenched it too hard (thanks a lot to whoever said "don't worry, the plastic is tough"). It looks like a bit of the little piece of tan plastic on the L-shaped piece is broken off. Here's a picture to help you understand: http://img218.echo.cx/img218/3230/untitled3kc1.png
    That little part just looks broken off. As a result, the PS2 does not power on, like the power switch doesn't work, it just stays red when you press it. Please help guys, this is very important.

2. jamestoot

jamestoot Member

you'll find thats the power switch itsself, if you havn't broken the warrenty sticker, remove all the slimtool adaptions etc and take it back and say its faulty.

James
    p.s can't spell for s***

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  3. -respect-

-respect- Guest

Alright I'm bringing the PS2 back to where I bough it, hopefully they'll except it. I just recomend to everyone, either don't do the tape mod, or treat that right corner with extreme caution. You don't want your PS2 to end up like mine did.

4. jamestoot

jamestoot Member

yep u'll find that they say to be carefull with it on the modchip website and allot of tutorials

5. pretense

pretense Regular member

I agree, people tend to go overboard and say, "Doing --- is so easy!" and "--- is the way to go!" without being objective. Fact of the matter is, opening the case always requires no small degree of caution, especially if it's your first time doing it. This isn't the first time I've heard of people breaking their power switches; it's actually somewhat common.

Anyway, even if you aren't able to exchange it (you should, retailers are probably less discerning than Sony), the power switch shouldn't be too hard to fix -- not that I know how to myself without looking at it. But it's no big deal compared to, say, the laser blowing out.

6. MunkiDust

MunkiDust Member

I really can't understand why people try to do this mod, or any other "simply open the case" mod, when kits such as the slimtool and slide tool are so easy to use and cheap too!
    If you are thinking of doing something like this.....
    DONT!!!!!
    just go to somewhere like

[bold]http://www.swapmagicuk.net[/bold]

and get yourself a proper tool for the job.
    Thats what I did and I am chuffed with the results, cause I thought originally that I would have to get my slimline ps2 "chipped".
    good luck with taking it back to the shop, I hope they replace it for you.
    MunkiDust

7. -respect-

-respect- Guest

Thanks for your support guys, it's very comforting. All I want to do is play DDR Extreme Japan! It's so... difficult... I'll be taking it back on saturday.

8. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

R.I.P Broken PS2 :(

lets hope you get it all sorted :)