1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Burn Error

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SabbyTa, Oct 28, 2004.

1. SabbyTa

SabbyTa Guest

Let me first say that I've have read posts on burning PS2 backups but still seem to be having a problem. My cpu is 2.09Ghz,512Ram and a LiteOn 812s DVD burner. My PS2 is a V7 with a Messiah2 chip installed. I have played burned games previously without an issue. I downloaded DVD Decrypter and extracted the files from original copies of Combat Vietnam & GTA San Andreas. Both times there was an ISO file and a MDS file. When I try to burn in Decrypter, it instructs me to select the MDS file. I've burned several copies of both games with no errors at 1x on Ritek G05. Needles to say when I try to use the games in the PS2 they don't work. I also tried to burn the ISO files in nero with the DVD-Rom(UDF) setting at 2x. No burn errors but they won't work either. Can anyone suggest something that I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media?

3. SabbyTa

SabbyTa Guest

I just checked and it's Ritek G05. Could that be the problem?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, the playstations don't like 8x media. get some g04's.

5. SabbyTa

SabbyTa Guest

Ggggrrrrr!!!! That Sux! I bought a pack of 100, I thought they were G04. Thanks for the info.