1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 burning and playing

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jurak, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Jurak

Jurak Guest

Im new and was wondering if you can copy ps2 games and play them. What do i need and what do i need to do to my ps2 to play them if i need to do any thing to it. thanks

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yes, use dvd decrypter to burn dvd-based ps2 games. You need a dvd burner and dvdr media.

Yes, you either need to install a modchip, use a hdd, or use a swap method like SwapMagic discs.

3. Jurak

Jurak Guest

Ok thanks
    What is a modchip and swapdisc? and where can i get them?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you install a modchip, you will be able to play your backup games just like the originals.
    If you use Swap Magic, you will need to load SwapMagic and swap your backup in everytime.

I don't use a modchip so i wouldn't know which to suggest or where from.

But, if you want SwapMagic get the newest version 3.3 Now, to use SM discs, you need to slighty mod your system. If you have one of the older systems (not the slimline) then you will want either a slidecard or fliptop lid. The lid is more convenient for swapping.
    If you have the slimline ps2 you can get a replacement lid, slimtool, magic switch, or tape mod.

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

6. Jurak

Jurak Guest

thankyou for the info will look in to it thanks again

7. Nox050

Nox050 Guest

8. phatybean

phatybean Member

hey guys, i was just wondering how to burn hot shots golf fore and way of the samurai 2. i used decryptor on hot shots, but all i have is swap magic 3.6, but it didn't work. and with way of samurai 2, decryptor won't let me burn it. if anyone has any tips, it'd be greatly appreciated!

9. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

What media are you using to burn on and at what speed?

10. MetalEd

MetalEd Guest

Hey I was able to extract an iso image from my computer to a DVD-R of a PS2 game. But when I tried playing it, the game either loads slowly, skips, or stops. This keeps on happening everytime I burn a PS2 game. I use a FujiFilm DVD-R and I have an HP DVD Writer dvd420i for making, creating and backuping DVD-R. In order to play, PS2 Backups I have a Flip Top Case and Swap Magic 2.0 DVD. Do you think it's my Playstation 2 or is it my Swap Magic 2.0 DVD?

11. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

I think those Fujifilm DVD-R's are bad. Think only the +r's are good quality. Run one through this and let us know the media code. http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com

12. phatybean

phatybean Member

i was using tdk dvd-r and i was burning no faster than 2X, but now all i have at the moment is fujifilm dvd-r, and some other post on here says they're no good! i got hot shots to work, but i had to use clonedvd2 for way of the samurai 2, but it loads super slow!