1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 burning problems using swap disc 2.0........

Discussion in 'PS2' started by numberone, Nov 19, 2003.

1. numberone

numberone Member

Okay, I recently got a swap disc using a flip-top for the version 7 ps2. I have severl problems though. One problem is that all my backup cdr games will not run correctly. They boot and show the color blue but nothing happens after that. Cdoader seemed to help but I only got it to the title screen. Another problem is burning my dvd backups. Some of my backups run but if the file size gets up to the 3 gig area it just simply won't boot and dvd-rw are not even reconized by the ps2. Anywayz my last questions to all of you is what is the best burning program for backuping ps2 cdr's and dvd's any help would be nice. My computer runs under ntfs format. THANXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mconly

mconly Member

i don't have any answers for you...but i haev a question....

does the type of media really matter? i just bought 50 bulk DVD-R's and i copied a game, and it didn't boot up! it had a red border around the swap disk screen when i ejected the disk....i burned at 1.0X.....

3. numberone

numberone Member

I use dvdr + format. I havent got a dvdrw to work. The only program that I got to burn ps2 dvd's corrrectly is Record Now Stomp Max formerly known as prassi primo dvd.

4. reddragn

reddragn Guest

"what is the best burning program for backuping ps2 cdr's and dvd's any help would be nice"

I have been using Alcohol 120% ever since I can remember, haven't problems of games not booting with my Swap Magic v2.0 discs, unless they require the cd loader disc. Try that program, should be able to find it in the 'software' side of this website (afterdawn.com) and it should be ready to use for a 14 day trail. That will also fix your other problems.

<<IOMagic dual format DVD-burner 4x speed
    <<Running Windows XP Pro. NTFS
    <<512 MB DDR
    <<Athlon XP 1900 (old but works)
    <<ATA133 60 GB HD

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I use dvd decrypter, its free and works everytime. You need to use good media for games, and also make sure you make an image of the game and then burn it at 1x or 2x.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

my personal favourites are record now for ps2 dvd based games and clone cd for cd based games