1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Burning Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by superpax, Oct 25, 2004.

1. superpax

superpax Member

I have been backing up my games and recently ran into a problem with the software I have. I doesn't have a compressor on it. The reason I need this is to back up Madden 2005 Collector's Edition, which is about 6.7 GB...so it doesn't fit on one disk. I have been looking around for a good game burning software but am not sure which one to get. So far Madden is the only one I have ran into that is over 4.7 GB so I haven't had this problem. What I am looking for is a gaming software that will compress this game and fit it on one disk. Can anyone help??

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. wrong forum
    2. there is no magic ps2 game compressor. You have to cut things out of the game to get it to fit, which is not very easy. I suggest just getting the regular madden 05, it will fit on dvdr.

3. Spawn13b

Spawn13b Member

not to sure but you can probably try using the 9.4 gig dvd-r instead of the normal 4.7. hard to find though.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Dual layer DVD -R would be a trick. I've heard there isn't any made. All the dual layer media I've seen has been +R as well as the burners. A friend of mine has a new PS2 and it plays the +R discs okay. I heard some of the old ones wouldn't. Check with the gamers on that one. Compressing games is different from movies and it can cause problems. You're better off going dual layer or just staying with games smaller than 4.37 GB which is the actual size of a 4.7 disc.