1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 burning without modchip

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jdhamlin, Jan 15, 2003.

1. jdhamlin

jdhamlin Guest

I'm looking for a way or program that will allow me to burn ps2 games without the having to use a modchip. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Valinor

Valinor Member

U can't u must use a mod chip when playing burned games *u CAN play dvd-r movies without a mod chip*

3. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

and what media are you using to play the dvd-r movies on the ps2 ?

4. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

jdhamlin,

You can play ps2 backups without a modchip. You can get a fliptop cover and boot disc. This allows you to play burned games.

5. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

Where can one get one of these boot discs or fliptop covers? Never heard of the fliptop cover. I would much rather get a boot disc than throw a mod chip in? Is that not a better way to do it???

Also, I'm freaked out about putting a mod chip in, should I be??? I'm sure I'll F something up. I have a PS2 v7. Any thoughts???

Last edited: Jan 21, 2003
  6. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

http://www.modchipkits.com/pages/ps2cover.htm

It's 29US dollars for the cover and 19US dollars for the swapmagic discs. I got mine in 4 days and it works great. It's not that difficult to install. This company only ships to US and Canada but if you live elsewhere just do a google search, lots of companies are selling it.

A mod should probably move this thread to the ps2 room.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2003
  7. knch9114

knch9114 Guest

hey menmaddi_,
    Do any of these flipflopcover, boot disc and modchip support "DVD+r" and "DVD+rw"? I don't want to go out and buy another "DVD-" drive just for playing burned games. Any solution?

8. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

knch9114
    From what I have heard, DVD+R/RW will work fine with them. People mostly refer to DVD burn discs as DVD-R as this was the first format out. Again, I have heard that any DVD discs will work with the fliptop/boot disc. I will soon find out (2 weeks or so) and will post again.

9. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

knch9114,

It depends on what version ps2 u have. I think I read in a different thread that older versions don't support + media.

10. knch9114

knch9114 Guest

cptcrash/memmaddi, thanks for the quit response. My PS2 is the earlier version when PS2 were hard to get in Calif. But, I will check for sure on what version it is. I also read something today about "Messiah Chip" that should work with +r/+rw. Any idea what website sells Messiah Chips at the lowest price?

11. CryztalD

CryztalD Member

Actually you CAN us the +R media with the earlier versions as I have a V1 and it works great with the Swapmagic and Fliptop.