1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Burning

Discussion in 'PS2' started by abacus, Mar 7, 2004.

1. abacus

abacus Member

Hi
    I´m haveing problems when i am to burn a ps2 game.
    I have bought the new NEC2500A and are using DVD Decrypter. When I have created an image i cant burn i in 1x speed. Only 2x or 4x. Why?
    It´s the same with Nero6.0

2. account

account Guest

it has nothing to do with the programs it is the media they probably only have 2 speeds 2x and 4x.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

3. liljoe

liljoe Guest

what kind of media are u using it could be that that happens to me some times it says max speed on nero i never had a problem with dvd decrypter. does it give u a choice of what write speed to use

4. abacus

abacus Member

Ok...
    I´m using a DVD called Bulkpaq Generation 4.
    But if a write 2x.
    Will the ps2 reject that?

5. liljoe

liljoe Guest

it depends i burned some at x4 and some are reconized not all of them but most of them can be read at x4 i would strongly recommend u to burn at x1 so it will work u could try it on x2

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2004
  6. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

i write at 2.4x...works fine for me

7. dandoom

dandoom Member

i write at 2.4X or 4X.USE RITEK G04 DVD-R 4X MEDIA TO BURN TO.iv not had one bad burn yet.every burn ive ever done works for me.THESE DISCS ARE SH*T HOT.i had a backup of VICE CITY that no longer worked in my ps2,some crappy brand(no name).i decrypted it and blasted it back on a RITEK G04 DVD-R and it works!BELIEVE ME THESE DISCS ARE SWEET.

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

heres few things since i got me today A07 i try to burn a game on the ritek that came with it the ritek dvd-r 8x so i try and i also used the G04 i got yearly today...

i burn the dvdr on 8x and the g04 on 6x even tho that dvd-r is only 4x and to my surprise game game WORKED..

the only thing we learn today is no matter what is the speed always burn on a good brand dvd-r or dvd+r... even if it says 2 or 4.. burn on the lower speed or go for the max...

9. dandoom

dandoom Member

ive never tried higher than 4X.i'll try it out now tho.

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

make sure your burner supports higher burn k... we dont want to bust out new burner are we?...