1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by james121, Oct 29, 2004.

1. james121

james121 Member

I just DL San anderos to test my mod chip it is 2.6 gb pretty big and all and shit i use alcohal 120 TO burn it and i did image burning wizard or some shit and didnt change nothing i open the tar and extract the iso in main thing with other shit then burn that and tryed to play on my ps2 With modchip and swap disk and it woundn't work any one know why?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

james121,

For starters, you don't talk around your Mother with a mouth like that, don't use it around here either, we're here on our free time and we won't put up with it, clean it up.

Next,
    You can't put just anything-old thing you want on a DVD and have it work, you need to change it. So, when you're through, it can be played upon a DVD standalone player, X-Box OR your PS2 -

After extracting it, you need to run it through something like dvd Santa, Nero's NeroVision for a one-touch sort of thing OR run it through TMPGEnc to get DVD Compliant MPEG's. When you're done with that, then you'll have to change it from the DVD Compliant MPEG to a VOB file by running it through TMPGEnc DVD Author, THEN you'll have something that you'll be able to play almost anywhere :)

Be prepared, you'll have to learn patience, a normal DVD may easily take 3 even 4 hours on a system such as mine. It's an "over-night" type of job to properly render a movie.

dvd Santa can be used for everything except the burn process without having to purchase. Save the file and use your burner of choice.

A last note, after all that time rendering the DVD you may still have to compress it. LQQk for DVD Shrink to do an excellent job for FREE. This last part, if you're not too "picky" about quality (very good for a TV) will take under an hour, if you want an excellent end result, use Deep Analysis AND Quality Enhancements (Maximum smoothness) and that too will take time but it's really worth it -

Off you go, you've got some work to do -

Let me know how you're making out - and don't forget about that language -

Pete

3. iburndvds

iburndvds Member

I'm new here ,is it me or is james a holy roller,lighten up man its not the end of the world.sheesh

4. james121

james121 Member

i do talk that to my mom lol well sometiems i dont but look man i just bought this modchip and shit wasnt even think it be hard to even install kind hard And it dont work i just to burn something that works i just tryed copying my own ps2 games and didnt even work

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's move this stunningly eloquent thread to our PS2 forum where it should've been posted in the first place.