1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 button ribbon help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ReignHawk, Mar 20, 2005.

1. ReignHawk

ReignHawk Member

i opened the top of my ps2 and ripped the ribbon (from the reset/open buttons) from the inside of the ps2, could somebody tell me how i can get at the inside of the ribbon to reconnect it or something? i was cleaning the laser. get back to me ASAP i want to play Gran Turismo 4!! ahh

2. Doulley

Doulley Guest

buy new ribbon easy only like 4 bucks

3. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

It its just disconected then you can easily put it back. If it is ripped like you said then yeah you will need to buy a new one.

4. keras

keras Regular member

Your silver ribbon cable should reattach underneath the cd/dvd rom drive towards the front...just pop the clip in the front of the drive(its a upside down U shape with a black piece of plastic sticking out. This holds the drive down...once thats popped out be careful because there are other cords that are attached to the motherboard on the drive! Just lift slightly and you'll see the white connector for your power/eject cable. It's a little easier to see if you have the bottom half removed

Also, some of the newer models just have a slot that the ribbon slides into...just carefully use a pair of tweezers to shove it back into the slot.

5. ReignHawk

ReignHawk Member

i got it yesterday.. thanks :)