1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 cd based games not working and IS SWAP DISC BETTER TEHM MODCHIP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BIG_JOHN, Mar 23, 2003.

1. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

hi i need help plz i just recently got my ps2 laser replaced and modchip installed now heres my question I rented The sims befor i got all hat installed and it did not boot up then i just rented SUPERcars street racing and after every race the screen would turn black and then theerror message would come up and say please insert a PS2 formated disc and i rented two didffenert discs of each game and the both did the same thing and THey are the only CD games i played.

heres another question i have a MAgic 3.1 and i just read about the Magic Swap Discs that are only $20.00 and the play movies, cd-r, ddd-r, and impoted games so watch the catch why so convenent and so so so cheap i here about patched when burrnig games PLZ HELP ME becaues my friend whants to get something to play back ups and imports. WHAT Do you suggest for him.

snd lastthind do you have to copie EA Games diffrently

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I'll take a Magic 3.1 over Swap Magic discs any day . swapping discs all the time is more than I want to put up with. If you're having problem with CD media try the media first. Verbatims burned at 1x appear to me to get the best results. Also, are you sure you have a Magic 3.1? The problems you've described are quite common with Magic 3.0's.

3. Temporary

Temporary Member

I suggest you check the install of the chip and see what version it actually is. Should have a V1-V7 sticker on it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  4. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

ok guys ty BUT I HAVE 2 things, i bought a magic 3.1 from gamegizmo.com but i had a store install it so do you think they keep my 3.1 and put in a 3.0 should i open of ps2 and check is it really becaues of that. or is it just the laser and they messed up or what is it. and also i had the orginal SUPERCARS and it would shut off after every race it wasent copyed same with the sims that was organal one and it just wouldent boot up but the copied sims did boot up but at every loding screen or movie it would go then stop for like a second then so for like half a second then go so i dont even play it

and about the swap disces my feind says for 100 dolars less (50 for chip 100 for instaling) he sayed swaping dosent matter but the thing is im not going to copie his games if there are these so called patched you need to copy games to be able to play them with a swap disc
    BUT on the othere had if you can burn them the same way you burn games for magic 3.1 then i will do it
    SO are there patches for games like EA game patches and every thing if so are they for every game or just some please help me