1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 cd games onto dvd?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by pro`noob, Jan 20, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i have an image of a ps2 backup in bin/cue format with a filesize of around 600mb, as i am all out of blank cdr i want to burn the image to dvdr.
    please can you tell me....

a) will the backup work if i extract the files from the image using winiso or some other iso tool & then burn the extracted files straight to dvd

b) Is there a way to get a burning program to burn the cd iso onto dvd? Nero, alcohol etc all ask for a blank cdr to be inserted and refuse to allow me to burn a cd image to dvd.

Thx

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you have to edit the individual files and change the cd checks to dvd checks before you even think about burning to dvd, otherwise the ps2 won't read it.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

A 100 pk. of cd-r's only cost 25 bucks, thats my suggestion to you. Why waste expensive dvd discs trying to figure this out?

4. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i dont get paid for another 6 days and im impatient :)

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha, alright. I definitely know how that is, livin pay check by pay check.

6. Slelneckr

Slelneckr Member

This is something I've wanted to do too because my v9 doesn't read cd's very well and Gradius IV won't run off the hard drive. DVD Decrypter will let you create an ISO from a CD and blow it onto a DVD - but the end result is a coaster that the PS2 and the PC can't read! I was thinking of trying to follow the guide that describes how to combine more than one game onto a DVD but it's pretty complex and it isn't clear that it would work with CD's. So is this a hopeless quest?

7. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

more than 1 game can go onto a dvd i know that. how its donr though i cannot say :)

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

To my knowledge, it is nearly impossible to fit more than psx or ps2 game on one disc. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but.... You would first need to create a main screen with a GUI (Graphical User Interface) so then you could pick the game you wanted to play off the main screen. Prob. need linux software to write the code as well. So the question here is can it be done? Why yes, do many people know how to do it or have the time to do such a thing? I would have to say no.

9. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

a while back i remembe my friend having a game with 4 or 5 games on 1 dvd and im sure i have seen a guide for it around the web somewhere. might have even been on here :)

10. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

11. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

nice 1, i could really do with that :)