1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 CD-R HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by eliteg19, Dec 11, 2004.

1. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

hey guys,

i've dled a few smaller sized games for ps2 like mvc2 (only about 180mb's) anyway i've used Alcohol 120 to burn the cue image. yet everthing seems to work well until i after i try loading the game with my flip top swap magic disk i get the red screen once i try loadin mvc2 on cd-r. i have no idea wat i'm doin wrong! i have tons of dvd's backe up games like final fantasy x and mk deception among others and they work great but when i try workin a cd-r no such luck. maybe someone can help me trouble shoot i'd greatly appreciate it.
    have version 9 ps2 with flip top swap discs dvd/and cdr.

2. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

I had the same problem.

To fix this I ejected the Swap Disc and then inserted a higher TOC disc then swapped that with the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and it loaded after that.

3. omega407

omega407 Guest

Help......I bought a flip top and the magic swap disc......

here how it go...I put the swap magic disc first then i put my Backup gameshark 2 v4...the gameshark screen load..i select the desire game...

press start game...insert game disc...I put my PS2 backup game ....it keep on saying cannot load disc.

I'm really getting a headache here...just can't figure it out...can someone, anyone help me.....please....any help will do.

4. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

hey dbz999,

'To fix this I ejected the Swap Disc and then inserted a higher TOC disc then swapped that with the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and it loaded after that."

...wat do u mean by inserting a higher TOC disc? and tell me if i'm gettin this right... u say that u put the swap disk in then u took it off, then u inster toc disc(which i have no idea wat it is)...and the finally u put mvc2 and it worked??? is that wat u did? just want to know if i'm gettin wat ur sayin correct. oh and do u have fliptop cover cuz thats wat i have for a ps2 v.9. thanks for the help and get back to me, boss.

5. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

I use the Slide Card/ Swap Magic but it should work the same way. Once you load up the Swap Magic CD you eject it and it will ask you to insert a TOC disc I use the Breaker Pro disc that I have then because it has a big Table of Contents (TOC) on it. After the swap magic gets through reading the TOC disc it will stop and you open the flip top swap the disc then boot. If you don't have the breaker pro disc try other ps2 game disc you have as the TOC disc.

6. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

cool...

i will try the TOC method...I'll use a PS2 game cuz I dont have the breaker pro that u have, and btw is there a way to the breaker pro off the net or is it only a retail thing? I hope this works :) but u've been helpful.

7. eliteg19

eliteg19 Member

well....

that didnt work, perhaps i need the breaker pro cd or a higher toc game...thanks for the help though.