1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 CD-R MC HDLoader Xploit Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by platinumd, Sep 1, 2004.

1. platinumd

platinumd Member

Ok, i'm really frustrated here... I have a flip top and swap magic. I burnt a CD-R for the MC HDLoader Xploit, the brand was Optimum. I used the CDGenPS2/Alcohol120% method. It loaded up fine and put the files on the card and worked as an HDLoader program. So then my friend says he wants it to so I edit the titleman thing and burn another CD-R but this time on a Memorex, since I'm out of the Optimum, and it didn't work. I tried a million different burning methods, what went wrong?

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

what game are you using to boot hdloader

3. platinumd

platinumd Member

it's not the game, as of now it's the CD-R to install the files on the card.

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

I know its not the game, but if your friend has the same game he can use it to boot hdloader.
    You say the exploit installed onto your mc with optimum cdr but not with memorex, so lm guessing the problem there is the cdr media.

5. platinumd

platinumd Member

I thought Memorex was premium stuff though...

6. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

PS2s can be picky with certain media, its best to just find a brand that your PS2 likes and stick with it : )
    Premium media doesnt mean your PS2 will read it. Ive used very cheap cd-r media in my ps2, no problems at all.
    It could be the swap magic cd, ive read that most users have had problems booting some cd-rs and it takes them at least 10 trys before it boots. keep booting the memorex cd and it might just work.

7. zombieRX

zombieRX Member

I've successfully used memorex for the exploit. The only things i can think of are:

1)maybe the order is wrong on the burn... i can't verify if this is a major deciding factor of the disc's functionality but it falls in line with the steps that might go wrong.

2)perhaps his drive does not like CD-R media... have you tested say a burnt audio cd? I've read somewhere that some drives [can't / won't / prefer not to?] read cd-r media.

best of luck, i have friends wanting my help... so i'll probably be in the same spot soon =p

8. platinumd

platinumd Member

Yeah I had heard somewhere else that Memorex was good for this and that's why I bought a 50 pack. I was able to burn audio with it fine. I was just listening to the 50 Cent Vs. Shyne mixtape on one a moment ago.

9. zombieRX

zombieRX Member

so you DID listen to it on his drive?

I've had alot of luck w/ memorex in the past... i'm on my second 100pak. =0 not to mention many short stacks.

If you haven't already, you might wanna drop your burn speed to 4x.

so ... u getting a installers fee? =) wouldn't that be nice.