1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 CD TO DVD

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by hursty, Jun 5, 2005.

1. watkins86

watkins86 Regular member

does this work on psx games? I thought I read about burning two psx games on one dvd? maybe not

2. watkins86

watkins86 Regular member

nevermind scratch that not possible I read somewhere else, how about psx games on the HD?

scratch that to damn! so if you want to play psx games on your ps2 you have to suffer the reading of cd's that blows...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  3. kawsar

kawsar Guest

where can i get scanlite v 3.7 been looking everywhere, can someone give the link please

4. philshere

philshere Member

Alright, I've had it. I will pay $ with paypal to whoever will make an ISO that will burn on a DVD that works on PS2. I will upload to you the original ISO of Marvel vs Capcom 2, you convert it to a working DVD ISO and send it back. I have a mod-chip and I just cannot get this thing to convert to DVD format. If you have to use the method of a "multi-game" disc then so be it. I cannot do this because of my OS and software compatibility issues.

Anybody who wants easy money to make a working ISO DVD format of MvC2 please post here ASAP!

Any response is greatly appreciated.

5. kawsar

kawsar Guest

fogget the money il teach u how to do it free inbox me

6. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

anyone know where i can get scanlite its been like completely removed off the internet

7. kawsar

kawsar Guest

8. hursty

hursty Active member

You didnt look very far,i already posted where you can find it,and its still available for download

9. gatchan

gatchan Member

Ok after reading this thread and the similar one on team modding, I decided to give it a shot and I failed miserably.
    I followed it to the tee, the game I used was (New Century Brave Wars, aka: Shinseiki_Yuusyataisen_REPACK_Jap_Ps2-MIRACLE ,
    a .bin file which of course was originally a DVD repacked to a .bin CD file(why do people even do this?)

I used the Isobuster, got all the files and folders from the the bin file, threw them into a folder, scanned it with the Scanlite program
    (I even ran RESTORE first, then DVD).
    Opened Nero, clicked DVD, clicked DVD/UDF on the bottom,
    dragged all the files and folders over to the left, etc
    clicked burn and went to test it and no go "invalid PS2 disc".

Now not that I think this makes a difference, but I'll list what I use:
    First tried Fujifilm DVD+R 8x
    then tried Maxell DVD+R (4x)
    Using a DVD+RW burner at 2.4 speed (my computers old....Compaq)
    My burner doesnt use DVD-R's... :(
    NOW...mind you, I've successfully burned over 50 DVD games on this before so I really dont think its the burner or the discs (though I will say Fujifilm is crap)
    I also tried another game, Pachi-slo Gatchaman, as a catalyst, and it too didnt work. In fact, that one was wierd because the file ended up being smaller butI think I screwed up on that somewhat.
    Anyways the Brave Wars game I tried 3 times and failed.

Also, I got to ask: Why the DVD/UDF option? Is that something you always use to burn DVDs? Because Ive never used that option; just the regular DVD/iso option on the top.
    Anyways with Gatchaman, I tried both options; no change.

Any ideas?

10. RezX

RezX Guest

Got a little bit of a problem. I got Swing Away Golf and want to make it for a DVD. However, when I use DVDScan it won't patch the files, it just scans even though the patch option is set to automatic. Any ideas?

11. kawsar

kawsar Guest

this means theres no files there to patch in that case go ahead and burn all the contents to dvd it should work fine

12. caseDK

caseDK Guest

thanx to this thread...
    halflife runs much smoother from a dvd...

greetings from a danish man in germany...shit happens ;)

13. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Hi everyone in my other thread I wrote following

Hi Everyone,

I Have recently aquired and succesfully burned an IMAGE of PS2 game JURASSIC PARK

OPERATION GENESIS it's in Compact-Disc format but I used cheap media and load times

are slow and some odd sounds come when disc is spinning and also seems to be spinning too fast

What I wanted to do is put this game on DVD(Sony worked GREAT for GOW2 DVD5!!)

to play on PS2 and since it's below 500Mbs I would like to ADD few Movies

(JP1,2,3+EXTRASandE.T.) to it so I could PLAY them on SMS(Latest).

they sizup around 3.6 to 3.8GBs so it would be a

SUPER JURRASSIC EXTRAVAGANZA DISC !!

IS IT POSSIBLE? sure it is

If yes, then how?

it will BOOT on PS2 as PS2 disc and It will be also RECOGNIZED on SMS as other PS2 titles do (this is as I assumed it to be)

Hope I told you everytihng Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL THREAD CD to DVD+Xvids

Can some one tell me whhat I have to do?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  14. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

i tried this method for my crash bandicoot wrath of cortex,and it said to open bin file but mine had a mdf file so i used that.i did everything but when i load the game on swap magic 3.6 the game boots but loading appears and then disappears.im using 16x verbatim can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  15. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

anyone get it to work for half-life i tried every other damn way to get it to work but nothing

16. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

this doesnt ever work.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  17. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you cant convert any game this way.i tried crash bandicoot and some other bullcrap and all it does is waste dvds.there is no wat of converting ps2 cd to dvd.peace

18. Some_Guy

Some_Guy Member

OK...so I'm trying to get Contra: Shattered Soldier from a CD to a DVD. I'm getting errors in Isobuster when I extract the mdf/mds file saying there are about 2300 unreadable sectors in the FILEDATA.BIN file. I'm assuming this is something that should not be ignored when converting from CD to DVD. Everything else extracts fine. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

19. kairu

kairu Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to convert Maximo Ghosts of Glory to a DVD. My magic 3 CD disc doesnt work and need it to be DVD I tried previous methods mentioned but a black screen is all that loads up. Is this game even possible to backup?

20. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

close this thread moderator because this method doesnt work at all.i've tried 19 games and none of them have worked.wat a waste of mcc because of this stupid crap.