1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 CD's HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GBHISME, Aug 4, 2003.

1. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

I am trying to burn regular CD based games and I cant get them to run because I'm not burning slow enough. I have 1x-20x cd-rs, but Nero wont allow me to burn CD-R's at 1 or 2x. What program will allow me to burn that slow, and recognizes up to date burners? I tried an older version of CD Maker, but it didnt recognize my burner. What do I do? Thanks.... GBH

2. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

alcohol 120% lets you write at 2x and if you dont want to buy it just click the link to download the trail version

3. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I burn cd-r's at 24 speed and I have never had a problem when it comes to booting the cd.

4. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

yey its ok burning audio cd's on fast speeds as it is only audio that has to be written. but even thought some game's are cd based its still video images that are being burned. and slower speeds will increase the chances that it will be better quality sort of like if you write a letter fast theres more chance that you will misspell stuff or miss things out just alot more technical

5. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

no, i mean I burn ps2 cd-r games at 24 speed. I use diskjuggler, but i first make an image of the cd and store it on my hard drive. Then I burn the image I just created and the highest speed I can....never had a problem

6. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

cool ive never actually burned any cd-rom based games but that seems fast enough

7. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

Let me explain where Im having some problems. I have tried copying some PS2 cd images that I downloaded and they are not coming out correct at all. The first one I tried was Dynasty Warriors 3 and it does not boot. Does anyone know if these downloaded images work?

8. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

yes they do. I always download the images of the games that I already have. Since I dont have a dvd burner, I just download the ripped games

9. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

i have downloaded 3 so far. I tried Street fighter EX3 and it was in PAL format. I tried using a few different converters before I found one converter that seemed to work, but I think I screwed the original image trying out different converters so Im sure thats why that one didnt work.
    I tried hitman 2 next, and since I have a fliptop V7 Im sure thats why that one didnt work..
    The last one I tried was Dynasty Warriors 3, but it didnt come out as an image.. Instead it had like 26 different files.. Here is the first file:stc-dy3u.001... Its an unknown application type... They are like this one except numbered 001, 002, 003, etc.... Did I burn this wrong or is it a bad download???
    I also tried SOCOM and it too is in like 30 smaller files, but each file has the same large image and bin file... I winrar extracted them all and burned and it didnt work either... What am I missing????

10. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

sorry guys even if you own the originals discussing downloaded games is against rules!!

11. robert34

robert34 Guest

i burn my games at 48x and iv never come across one promblem.