1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Champions of Norrath Swap Magic/Boot fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by bymyhand, Feb 15, 2004.

1. 666Hate

666Hate Member

hey I was starting to make a 2 disc back-up of champions of narroth, but I'm missing the GAME.ELF file. can any one help.

2. derceto

derceto Member

As far as I know, you don't need the game.elf file. I dunno how that file name even came about, but I made my 2 backups and they both work like a charm and no game.elf file. Use the file listings above to create your backups and everything should work just fine.

3. 666Hate

666Hate Member

Okay, I've been trying to make a back-up of my Champions of Norrath game. I ripped the 7.74gb ISO file using DVD decrypter.
    I found both layer's of the game files using ULTRAISO, so I have all the files to make the 2 back-up discs.
    I used CD/DVD generator to build the file from the files I extracted from ULTRAISO. I followed the SwapMagicFix guide for the ver7 PS2 (that's the version I have, with flip-top lid)all the files are in the right order and all the LBA's match up with the swapmagicfix guide, but now I am stuck.
    I tired to create the iml file or whatever it's called using CD/DVD generator, but when i click on the record button, I get this error message: ASPI Manager loading failed.
    I end up getting a 60.9kb iml file and a 1.93mb ims file, but that's it, I was reading about it and I am also supposed to get a list file, or something, anyway it take about a second to make the iml and ims files, so i think those are not being made correctly.
    well, I took the ims file that was made, brought it into ULTRAISO and converted that to a standard ISO image, and then burned that ISO to disc using dvd decrypter. The disc burned succesfully, I have used dvd decypter to burn all my other ps2 back-up's with no problem. But when i went to test the disc i must made which is disc one of champions of norrath, I get the red boarder after I insert the disc using swapmagic DVD ver2.0.
    I have spent countless hours on this project and am now running short on blank dvd media, I don't want to make any more "tableCoasters" so if someone can help me it would be great. Thanks

okay, i posted this on ps2ownz.com forums board, I got this answer:
    The problem is!!
    The problem is that the iml file is only for the cddvd generator if you update your aspi drivers your dvdr might get recognized then all you have to do is go into the recording unit controller and load the iml file and burn. Or you can get iml2iso and convert the iml file to a standart iso file........... that's how you can stop making coasters...

Okay, but how do I update the apsi drivers, and if that doesn't work then what?Please help, I'm going on 3 days now of trying to back-up this game, I'm starting to get really bummed out.

4. 666Hate

666Hate Member

I've noticed that the files posted in this thread are different from the files posted on swapmagicfix.com for the ver7 fix. Example, the first file in the list is 0000993 , >:\SYSTEM.CNF
    as to swapmagicfix.com (the one I used) is 0000992 , >:\SYSTEM.CNF.
    I'm confused.

5. uppercuts

uppercuts Member

You could do a simple search on google for the ASPI drivers. Also, what version of windows are you running, the reason being that if your running XP you wouldn't need the ASPI drivers. If you got anymore problems PM me direct.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The LBA of the game shouldn't really matter because I have looked at numerous replies saying that the LBA is different for most of the files.The best thing to do is keep it at the LBA it is and retype it in exactly the way it is the Aspi driver shouldn't matter on the LBA part.The driver is only used to make your burner compatible for making the .iml images nothing more than that.If you need more help on it let me know.

Peace L-Burna

7. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

L-Burna first of all I would like to say that I'm sorry for last time... I am young and foolish, and I later on took your advice for the SM discs thx :)

I am having the same trouble with 1 small iml and ims image on my desktop which produce a small iso image. I also get the API error message, what do I do with teh iml and ims to get it to burn correctly?

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is a .dll file you need to place inside the Sony cd/dvd gen folder.If you go here http://www.nero.com and look under the support for this one file called wnaspi32.dll .Once you get the file place it in your program folder for cd/dvd gen.This will let you make the image files.

9. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

i put it in the directory it didn't work so i also put it in system32 and system, by the way i am using windows xp :)

10. Deathsigh

Deathsigh Member

so if i rio a game i will boot with out any swaping or mod

11. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

can anyone send the iso because mine doesn't work BACKUPS

12. nickmmira

nickmmira Member

so how bid are the isos when complete? disc 1 and 2?

also is th eonly thing different is the bg file son each disc?