1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 CHIP ??? OR XBOX 360 ???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by KEVCELT, Jan 21, 2007.

1. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

Hi im in the market for another ps2 (last one had a clone chip) as mine just stopped working i tried 2 upgrade firmware. SO THIS TIME IM GETTING IT FROM REPUTABLE PLACE. On offer they have new PS2 slimline version 15(laser safe ???) with matrix infinity,crystal v1.1 lite,ghost 2v2 and DMS4 PRO SE thats an extra tenner. Which one of these would you recommend ???
    Also i was lookin at modded xbox360 but i c they wont play multi region games any help on whats best here is appreciated people thanks.

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

From that list the matrix infinity is probly best value. If the crystal was 2.0 then that would probly be better.

3. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

CHEERS M8 I WENT FOR A MATRIX INFINITY WITH A V17 PS2 WITH LASER SAFE ???? ANY GOOD ???? I COULD,NT HOLD BACK MY DAUGHTER WAS BUSTIN MY HEAD LOL

4. steimy

steimy Active member

DMS4 Pro or Matrix Infinity will work fine depending on what you want to do.
    The Crystal Chip i would wait until they had the new version 2.0 Pro

The 360 doesn't have any region free ability, even modded. At least not yet. Some games for 360 are region free and can play on either system. But if the game itself is not region free then you can only play your regions version.

another thing is even modded you have extra stuff to buy, like dual layer DVD's, and unless they start hacking other optical drives or find other ways you have to buy a specific Samsung optical DVD drive for the PC to read the original games and copy them to the PC.
    These are only found on Ebay these days as Samsun stopped making them. But they may just hack newer version in the near future.
    A 360 is a big investment. And unless you have a nice size Hi-def capable TV it is not at all worth it.

5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

A DMS4 Pro is a slim V14/15 is a waste .. you might as well just get a Lite. The MI and CC2.0 are your best choices and I see you already made the smart choice.