1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 + Computer

Discussion in 'PS2' started by matinzen, Dec 6, 2003.

1. matinzen

matinzen Member

Hello, I have a new Sony Vaio computer and it came with A/V input. Can I hook my playstation A/V into that and stick a game in and play it? Can I stick the game in my computer and load it onto my computer and play it that way, stream it from the computer to the PS2? How would I save a PS2 game to my computer? Is there any protection or do I just copy and paste? Thank you for any help.

2. matinzen

matinzen Member

Also, I have read about some people streaming GameCube games with a broadband adapter. If I purchased a broadband adapter for my PS2 is this something I could do?

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If you plugged your PS2 into the inputs on your computer you would likely be able to use your computer's monitor and speakers to play your PS2 games on your PS2 but connecting them does not add any new functionality to your PC. As far as streaming games from your PC to the PS2, this has not been accomplished yet and likely will not be explored further as how the discs can be copied using standard CD/DVD writers and PS2 mods seem to be the ideal solution.

4. matinzen

matinzen Member

You have posted that you can, with the GC broadband adapter, stream games. How is this accomplished and why can it not be done with the PS2?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Nobody has made any software tools to do it with the PS2 such as the ones I have listed in my signature that are used for the Gamecube. Since streaming is really not as good as simply backing up the disc in your PC I doubt anybody is working on streaming tools for the PS2. While streaming does work for the Gamecube, it's still choppy mostly during FMV and streaming sound due the Phantasy Star locking down the Gamecube's broadband adapter to 10Mb instead of the 100Mb it's capable of transferring it. I have heard that this 10Mb lockdown problem should be solved by the end of the year.

6. matinzen

matinzen Member

Alrite, thank you.