1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Controller Help! please!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Hi people..... i was just wondering... i bought a new PS2 Controller, It has only eight Pins..... In the jack... while the controller that came with the machine has NINE PINS in the jack that fixes to the PS2 Console..... This means my new bought control has a problem?....

... | ... | ... <-------- this is how the Original controller which came with PS2 Console

. . | ... | ... <-------- The controller i bought yesterday for my PS2.... It's original Sony also.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Perhaps that extra pin was never used to begin with? Not really sure, just try the new controller and see if it works.

3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

there you are ICEMONKEY! always helping me as ever.... yes controller works fine so far.... and i have no idea whats up, can u count ur PINS of PS2 controller and tell me? Both?... if you have two?

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i just counted 9 pins on a official controller that came with my PS2 about 2 months ago. did the one you counted off come with 9 pins? maybe the new ones you buy seperately only have 8.

5. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I've opened a few controllers to repair them and they have different sized motors depending on what version ps2 they came with, maybe the extra pin was a feed for the motors and the new controllers may have smaller motors that use less power that can be taken from the same source as another low powered part of the controller, so the 9th pin is not needed? maybe...

6. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Thanks everyone for your help! but the truth is, not many games takes full advantage of DUALSHOCK 2 vibration functions right?... I don't feel much but except for games like FATAL FRAME 2.... that doesn't mean my controllers MOD is freaked out or something right?

7. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

nobody answered my last question, sad anyways.

8. MrToast

MrToast Guest

haha you know something funny, I opened my dual shock and put a thin piece of metal from the large motor out across the back of the handholds and back to the small motor ground so now when something happenes you really do have a dualSHOCK controller... heh its awsome with mgs2...

9. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

someone allready made one with two metal pins that stick out of the area that the ball of your thumb touches