1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 controller/memory card not working

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by gullous, Feb 17, 2007.

1. gullous

gullous Member

I have a regular (non slim) ps2 and the memory card was not being recognized in slot 1, but was working in slot 2. I looked at the ribbon cable connecting the controller and memory slots to the motherboard and saw it had a tiny hole from an earlier removal. I bought a new ribbon cable and the problem was solved.

Until yesterday when I tried to save and the same problem was there, no memory card in slot 1. I take it apart again and noticed the little clip that holds ribbon cables in was hanging off at one side, doing nothing. I took that off, and now the entire left side does not work. Player 1 controller nor memory work. Player 2 side is intermittent, it will work once in a while.

I have been hot gluing the ribbon cable in. It seems like the easiest way to keep it in contact. The ribbon cable is free of holes, it is still brand new.

Anyone here ever have an issue like this? Any suggestions? Perhaps I am overlooking something. Thanks

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

I guess the controller port needs to be replaced Check what version it is with this guide right here

and order the new port from www.richspsxparts.com