1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 controller on pc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by golden_35, Jun 14, 2003.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I saw some advertisements for playing ps2 on pc but i thinkt hat they were all for the pcs gameport. I am using a laptop without gameport and only have usb and firewire and serial and priter ports. I got an adapter so i could play my gravis gamepad pros (just like a ps2 controller) but only 4 out of the ten buttons would work. I guess the usb couldnt handle it or something....anyway i want to play a ps2 controller on my pc through usb!!!!

2. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

Check out this site:

http://secure.fragism.com/store/forum/

I got a dual PS2/N64 USB adapter from these guys for only $16 bucks. If you only want the PS2 one I think it's a little cheaper. And they ship fast too. I got mine the same week ( I also live in the same state) Based out of Ann Arbor, MI if I remember correctly

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I cant figure this site out, how do i look at their products?? it all looks liek a forum

4. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

Whoops! Sorry bout that... the URL address should just be:

http://secure.fragism.com/store

Just take the '/forum' off the end of the URL and that will bring you to the "STORE" section where you can view products and buy them.
    Hope that helps!

5. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

So it works with windows xp and all the 10 buttons can be configured for different pc games like hitman etc...and can you use dual shock controllers from ps2?

6. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

You can use the Dual Shock PS2 controllers for any game where you can configure a USB controller. However, the rumble feature does not work, the adapter only works as a pass through to your computer so you can use the controller as you would like a PC gamepad you buy in the store. I ran the adapter on a XP Pro SP1 desktop and a XP Home SP1 laptop with no problems. I ususally use the PS2 controller for MAME and other emulators though I haven't tried it with a 'real' PC game yet ( I have Hitman and I few others that I'll try later today and let you know if it worked) :)

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Thank you monsieur

8. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

No problem! Happy Gaming man...

9. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

did it work for pc gaming? I am travelling to san fransisco, do you know any computer stores in that area that will sell this product?

10. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

Hmm, I couldn't seem to configure any USB devices for controllers in Hitman 2. But I am running build 263(or 2 ?) that came with my Audigy2 Platinum sound card, so it's not even the retail version. Not that I think that should make a difference but I don't know. The only options it had were for keyboard and mouse configuration. If you can set yours to work off a gamepad or USB device the PS2 adapter in theory should work. If you have any problems with specific games or adapters (since I have the dual-adapter) you could try the forums for that site I gave in my first post. Sorry to say though that I'm not familar with the California area since I have never been there and don't know what kinds of stores would carry those adapters out there. I'd say your best best is to google it for some PS2 to PC USB adapters or something like that!