1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 controller to usb converter + multitap

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ricardo1, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Ricardo1

Ricardo1 Member

I've got a ps2 controller to usb conveter on order which is compatible with the PS3 apparently. I was wondering if I then plugged my PS2 multitap into this would I be able to use my three old wired ps2 controllers to have multiplayer games. I only ever have multiplayer games once in a blue moon so can't justifying buying three other blue tooth controllers for +£30 quid each.

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i tryed it and only 1 port seems to work.

4. Ricardo1

Ricardo1 Member

Yep i know its a pitty. Also the usb coverter doest seam to work at all with the ps2 game micromachines at all never mind the multitap. looks like i may have to buy another 2 usb converters. To have four player games of resistance without forking out on the bt controllers..

5. MichaelPu

MichaelPu Member

I have 4 PS2 controllers and one multitap and it didn't work. It only works for how many PS2 control adapters you have. Also the PS2 controllers won't work on PS2 games.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

That is bullshit! I got it to work on GT4! When you start the game you need to press the Analog button, just like you would press the PS button.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  7. MichaelPu

MichaelPu Member

I wouldn't for a demo version of a Ratchet and Clank game. I picked the coop mode and only the sixaxis worked.

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

DID you press the analog button? Was the analog light on? Try a diffrent game...

9. mugsy4

mugsy4 Member

So I have 3 bt controllers, as well as a usb converter. When i try and play multiplayer games on my PS3, such as Champions of Norrath, i can't seem to play with more than 2 players, even though the game supports 4. All my bt controllers are on, and they show the numbers 1-3. Does anyone know why the machine won't read the third controller?