1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 controller usb adapter on the 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by spawn1980, May 18, 2007.

1. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Is it possible to use a ps2 controller usb adapter on the 360 it should work the same. I don't mean XFPS PRO I mean a ps2 to pc usb adapter.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i doubt it. you cant use original xbox controllers with usb adapters. or maybe you can i forget. but either way you wont have full functionality out of it. some buttons wont work right.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

man why would you use that piece of junk controller anyway, thats the beauty of xbox.

4. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

To me the best thing about the ps2 controller thats BETTER then ANY other controller is the Digital Pad and the comfort.

5. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Yeah, everyone knows DUALSHOCK 2s the best controller.

Thats why everyone keeps copying it all the time (even MicroSoft)

Just b'coz you have XBOX does'nt mean PS2s CRAP!

6. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Yes that controller is a great one.... but I am also very intrested. I have purchased three guitar hero controllers for the ps2 and now wish to play them on the xbox 360 there definatly has to be a way.

7. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

8. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Ok that may be the only way but if I just purchased a ps2 to usb converter for like $10 would that also work?

9. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Thats the question i've beeb asking since May

10. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Sorry for the misspell "been"

11. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Nope sorry. I read in another forum somewhere that you cannot use a converter because of the 360's lack of the ps2 drivers. So yes I was also just about to click the buy now button but then read that tutorial so sorry.

12. theVerve

theVerve Member

Well aren't we the xbox fanboy of the year?
    Maybe you should compare the xbox controller to the 360 and see how it changed to be almost similar to the ps2 controller. No more black and white buttons in front(moved to the shoulder). So there are 4 shoulder buttons? Just like the ps2 huh? 6 buttons for your right thumb is just too much. Plus the size have you seen the size of xbox orig controller compared to the 360 orig controller?

Anyway whatever console you prefer is great. As long as you enjoy playing games and that you dont become fanboys and that's all that matters

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  13. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

w.e its is the fact of the matter is the xbox 360 has a better controller then the ps2 and ps3! so maybe before releasing the ps3 controller sony should have thought about improving their controller instead of pulling out the same one but even worse since it has no rumble!

right now the 360 controller is the best. even if it might have copied features it is the best!

proof: american army uses the 360 controller to control its robots!

http://www.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=81866
    http://news.filefront.com/military-uses-xbox-360-controller-to-guide-robot/
    http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20070607/xbox-360-controller-goes-to-war/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/05/us-army-using-xbox-360-controller-in-future-combat-systems-tests/

gee... i wonder why didn't they choose a ps2 controller?

now i want there to be a way to play my 360 controller on my ps3!!! because i hate that controller.

and trust me its not because its buy sony, im not being a fanboy because you yourself know the 360 controller is better, even though its copied!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  14. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I would preffer Dualshock at any cost
    fits my hands best.
    XBOX360 controller is heavy and makes hands hurt real soon.
    also dualshock has the simplicity and placement unlike anyother.

15. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

okay lets stop arguing about which controller somebody prefers and focus on the subject on how to convert a ps2 controller to the 360 for non joystick drivers.

16. theVerve

theVerve Member

the notion that the 360 has the best controller is arguable and subjective. and to me it doesnt matter. both dont give me wrist or finger pains after playing long hours. and the fact that you said that its copied says something about the ergonomicity of the ps controller compared to the xbox orig.

pointing out that the american army uses that for their robot is irrelevant. It might be becuz xbox is microsoft and therefore american while sony is japan (comparable to why there are many rpg game titles on the sony console and only a handful on the xbox), it might be that they are using microsoft API in compiling programs for their robot therefore it would be easier to program to get input from the xbox controller since microsoft already has APIs or SDKs for that (forgive me for being a little nerdy, programmers tend to do that once in a while :) ), or it might be something else but it's definitely not because the 360 controller is easier to handle or is more ergonomic because I would think that it is the least of their concerns. Anyway we're talking about gaming here which is what the controllers were made for.

now i myself know that the 360 controller is better? nope i dont know if te 360 controller is better and i dont care, i can handle both controllers with no problems so i dont really give a you know what which controller is better.

the fact that you admit that some features of the 360 controller are copied says something about which controller is better. after all "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

No i dont think you are a fanboy although you're arguments are really not connected and some are subjective.

Like i said arguing about which controller is better or which gaming console is better is pointless,futile and fanboyish. It is totally subjective, it depends on the person you're asking.
    --------
    This is what a fanboy is...
    not even one argument to support his claim. did not even try to help the topic creator. he didnt have to reply that way if he dont know how to help. Only a fanboy would exert effort or waste time to diss other gaming consoles. That is the point

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007