1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Cooling

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aszbaz, Jan 27, 2007.

1. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

Hey, i have a v12 ps2 and i want to know how to keep it VERY cool. i heard a laptop cooling pad might help, but i doubt it will because the aire vent on the pad are on the top, but the ps2 vents are on the side. i have a usb cooling fan made for the ps2, but, frankly, its crap. it barely blows and wind in the ps2. im open to any weird suggestion, and dont mind opening the ps2, but no ideas that will risk me f*cking up my ps2 please! P.S just in case your wondering "why does this nutjob wanna keep the ps2 cool anyway", its because im installing a modchip soon, and cooling will help it to stop blowing the laser.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Its a v12 slimline, so make sure you install a laser fix along with the chip, you dont need extra cooling, with a laser fix, your system should work perfect without any problems.

3. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

funny you say that now.... i asked because a friend has one two, but he has a modchip and a laser fix installed. the only prob is that after a few hours of gameplay in games Like GTA san andreas, the graphics mess up. i have a Logic3 vertical stand, and i have managed to work out the best places for some new air vents. i have drilles plenty of holes on that bir of the ps2 that hangs off the top. and i have drilled some on the top. and plenty where the fan is, to allow cool air to enter. please note, if ur gonna try this at home, kids, take the ps2 OUT of the casing
    first, or your just gonna end up with an expensive paperweight.

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I've played san andreas for well over 6 hours straight, left the ps2 on, come back to it another day, continued playing, and have had no graphic problems what so ever. I wouldnt worry about it, the system doesnt really overheat that quickly. What I think you definitely need to do, is get a laser fix fitted, because without a laser fix, your laser will fry no matter what.