1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 copies

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sunsetman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. sunsetman

sunsetman Guest

Im very new to this and i was hoping someone could adviae me on the best way to play backups without a chip. I have heard that it may be possible with the new action replay max disc is this true if so how would i do it many thanks

2. JSheppard

JSheppard Member

Do you have a modchip of some kind. First of if you dont you need one of those. You will also need a ripping program such as DVD Decryptor. You just put it in your dvd burner and burn it. If you need anymore help let me know.

3. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

your best option mate is to use the swap magic option. there are many post on it read up..:)

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

ACTION REPLAY MAX WILL NOT PLAY BACKUPS
    PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs. So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

ALL YOU NEED IS SWAPMAGIC + SLIDETOOLS
    http://www.swapmagic3.com

DVD Decryptor
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror=0&software_id=298

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list. The discs at
    the bottom of the list are suitable only for a landfill.

Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:
    PVC = Pioneer = (-R)(-RW)
    MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Decent discs, though not perfect, about 85-95%
    success rate:

RICOHJPN = Ritek or Ricoh = (+R)
    SONYD04 = Sony = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    PRODISC = Prodisc Media = (+RW)
    INFODISC = Infodisc Media = (+RW)
    RITEKG04 = Ritek = (-R)

ver 1-4 ps2 get -r
    ver 5 and up can use +r

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. superstui

superstui Regular member

yea i reccomend using swap magic or using a hard drive in your PS2.

6. Kerippi

Kerippi Member

Can u use the Action Replay Max on games in the PS2 hard drive??

7. BUGNUTZ

BUGNUTZ Guest

hi I'm new to the burning too but have not had any problems with ps2 dvd version games using swap magic 3.3 with a flip top but my problem is try to burn ps1 I try over 10 burn software example:clonecd, recordnow,nero and so on I used the cd ver of swap to boot remove the disk and insert the burned game and it says not a valid ps2 disk. but here is the wierd thing my friend made ps1 copies with a program he lost and he thinks it was recordnow dx. but he can't find it. I copied one of his burnt games disk to disk and it boots fine. hope I didn't lose ya help if ya could thanks.....

8. syzable

syzable Guest

As far as i was aware you can't play PS1 backups on a PS2 regardless of whether they are chipped or using swap magic discs.