1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 copy freezes up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mrforrest, Mar 23, 2005.

1. mrforrest

mrforrest Member

I used dvd decrypter in the method expressed in earlier posts, but I am having problems backing up the only game I have right now. ESPN 2K5. I am using the swap disk method and it will start playing fine and (if your familuar with the game) when your starting to play a game and chris berman is talking to you before the game, the video will be scrolling along and the audio will wait and play sometimes as much s 5-6 seconds behind and then start repeating itself in short spurts... then when you get into the game, it will freeze up for a couple of seconds in the middle of a play then continue. I have made multile attempts at copying it using different brand media as well as +/- versions. all do almost the same thing... any ideas GuRu's???

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Hmm, how fast are you burning at? And what media are you using?

3. mrforrest

mrforrest Member

ritek (ridata) 8x burning as slow as possible (normally 2x is as slow as it will go)... also, i just updated my version of dvd decrypter and as of now, I am having alot of PS2 coasters period.. haven't gotten any of them to play since i upgraded last night... any suggestions???

4. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds like a media problem to me too.
    either that or burning at too high of a speed, or with low speed discs like 2X