1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 covers, any good?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 144000, Dec 28, 2002.

1. 144000

144000 Guest

is the ps2 cover all you need with the swap cd to work on all games (dvd-r, dvd+r backups etc)? lmk how it works i you have one. im still leaning on magic 3.1, but just want to do some research on the comments of those who have first hand knowledge of the covers.

thanks

2. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

I don't have first hand knowledge of them, but I have first hand reports, hope that's good enough for you. They work pretty well, but due to the limited size of the swap disks, dont' function properly with newer games.

3. 144000

144000 Guest

thanks for the response supleh2

4. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

No problem, if you do decide to purchase it anyway please let everyone know, several people have inquired about it.

5. 144000

144000 Guest

supleh2, not to get of the subject of the covers, hows the performance of the magic 3.1 with the chip clip? and is it better to get the chip clip too? i heard a few comments on the 3.1, i want to hear your oppinion on it. and also my brother inlaw said he would do it, never did one but has been sodering computer mother boards for a year now. any difference on computer boards to the ps2? and some tips if your willing on installation. sorry so many ?'z.

thanks again

6. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

The only real tip for modding is use lots of flux. Also, use 24 guage or lower wire for the ground and 5V points, and use 28-33 gauge for all others (28 is suggested by the people that make the chips, I use 32-33). The only difference is the points can be smaller. The 3.1 is a good chip, unless you've heard otherwise, I'd like to know. The clip kit will be useful for your brother if he doesn't have PS2 modding experience.

7. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Oh yeah, buy your chip from me :p, I'm cheaper than everyone else.

8. 144000

144000 Guest

thanks, for the tips. i'll keep you in mind. ive seen your email addy somewhere on this forum. cant wait to get modded (still undicidded). talk to you later man.

9. 144000

144000 Guest

oh yeah, whats your take (your preference) on the modchips on the market? seems you like the magic, on the posts that i read from you. and what is AIM? you say that when someone should get a hold of you.

thanks again

10. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

AOL Instant Messenger. www.aol.com/aim