1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Crash.....sort of

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jcully, Mar 10, 2007.

1. jcully

jcully Member

My chipped PS2 a friend gave me stopped playing all of the copied games he gave me. Says it cannot read the disk. If I put in an origional copy of a game it works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. drkshen

drkshen Member

Sounds like either the mod chip took a turn for the worst or maybe has become dissconnected somewhere. There is also a chance that the eye on the laser is going as well because thats also a sign that your laser is dying. I would suggest checking the mod chip first. make sure it hasn't gotten dissconnected anywhere. You may have to re-solder it. If thats not the case then try adjusting the angle of the laser and the amount ohms that it reads cd's and dvd's. To do this your going to need to open up your PS2 though. You may have to do this a few times to get it to work but be patient. If this helps then your going to have to get a new laser eye for your PS2. But a laser that is dying but still working is better than one that doesnt work at all. If you need any help with this let me know I can send you a tutorial on how to do it. Also one more thing ... have you tried playing a burned music cd or dvd ?? Try with a couple different disks. If they don't read correctly then i'm leaning more towards your laser going bad. If neither of these Suggestions work for you try getting a new laser and maybe a new mod chip as well.

3. jcully

jcully Member

Thanks for the quick reply....I'll check it out.