1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Diagnostics ??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hedmunky, Mar 16, 2005.

1. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

On the main screen when you boot up the PS2 you can press triangle to go into the options screen, there you can go into the options of the main console and it has diagnostics you can turn on or off.

Just wondering what the diagnostics is all about?

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Not sure. I've wondered the same thing, it never changed anything on my system and it resets whenever I power off.

Same goes for the PS1 settings, you know, the Smooth Pixel and High Speed cd...no way to save I guess.

3. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

No it dont save but as for the Playstation drivers when you turn on the smooth thing it does smooth out the grafix some and the other speeds up the loading but on some PS1 games speeding up the loading makes the voices/music play extra fast. But as for the diagnostics im still not sure I hope someone will help us out.

4. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

What is the diagnostics for???

Someone help please.

5. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

does anyone know what its for ??

6. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

With certain problems it can be turned on and it will tell you what the problem is. This is rare to be of any help since many people do not have the problem/s it is set to know. To do it, turn on your PS2 without a disc in go to it and turn it on. Go back to the main screen and insert a game, before it loads the PS2 symbol it will give you another screen telling you info about the problem.