1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 disc problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by martynste, Dec 10, 2003.

1. martynste

martynste Regular member

i've had my ps2 v4 modded for 2 years. the problem is that it plays dvd films dvd+/-r backup ps2 games, ps1/ps2 cd backup games, original ps2 dvd games and original ps1 games, but for some reason it doesn't play original ps2 cd games. can anybody please help me. thanks

2. Soulja

Soulja Guest

sound like the mod gone bad if others still play then its probally not the laser

3. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I agree. The orginals should play perfectly without resetting the system.

4. martynste

martynste Regular member

thanks for your help. i work with the man who fitted the mod chip and he is convinced it is something to do with the earth lead length, or the lazer. is he telling me lies

5. Soulja

Soulja Guest

if its the laser then how are u playing the other cds, its gotta be that mod.. its messing the format of the ps2 reads up..

6. martynste

martynste Regular member

i understand what your saying but why has this problem happened now, after 2 years with the chip fitted. i think i'm better off buying a nice new silver ps2 to go with my tv. do you know any decent modchip people,lol.

7. Soulja

Soulja Guest

i know one that will last u more years, a flip top, cause chips can defunction at any moment, and it seems ur mod has a little bit of juice for the others and its just to worn out for ps2