1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Disc Read Error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nickguru, Mar 3, 2005.

1. nickguru

nickguru Member

I dropped my PS2 from a table a couple feet high. After that, it didnt read the discs. I tried opening it up and cleaning everything. It wasnt a really bad fall, it should've survived but when I kept it open and tried to load a game, the CD would pop out of the circular black thingy that comes up through the hole in the CD when you close the CD Drive thing. Could it be that the mechanism on that black thing is broken and isent holding the CD in? If so, what should I do? I was going to send it in to get it repaired but is there a cheaper way out?

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

I'm not blowing you off or anything, but do a goole search for "Disc Read Error". You find tons of good links with illustrations.

It sounds like you need to adjust your laser - which isn't as intimidating as it sounds.

As for the part where your CD is flying off the spinner - that's probably because you don't have the magnet cover the tray.

[bold]Try this[/bold]: While your system is open and the tray is exposed, place the cover with the white disc back on it. There's no need to screw it back on until you are sure about getting it to work again.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hehe, my dog came running through the room one day and grabbed one of my controller cords with his leg. Of course the ps2 was on a 4ft high ledge while playing it.
    It fell upside down and with the slimline lid still closed, however the game i was playing at the time was no longer in the console.

Hah, still works like new. :)