1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 disc reading error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PsPlease, Aug 27, 2007.

1. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

Hi , i was giving a spare ps2 yesterday from my sisters boyfriend , he said it takes it time reading the disk , however it does not read at all so i cleaned out the inside of the ps2 it doesn't work any better so after that i fiddle with the white gear disk that adjusted the lens angle , that didn't work either and its nothing to do with the disks i'm playing because they all boot in my other ps2 is there away to fix this without buying anything? thanks in advanced

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

you are doing something wrong, or didn't do it right.

Start at the lowest level with the cogwheel, then put in a game, try it out. If doesn't work, raise the laser a little bit higher and try again.

I had a spare ps2 given to me, I almost sold it on craiglist for 20 bucks because I got disc read error.

Well, I opened up the ps2, cleaned the laser, reset the cogwheel to the bottom level, and the ps2 works now! I almost sold the damn thing too! LOL. So yea, you're ps2 isn't broken man, you just got to tune it right.

3. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

My dad refuses to do it again as he thinks its a dry solder or a faulty chip is there another problem possible than the laser

4. yoggybear

yoggybear Guest

Is your Ps2 the slim? If so i can help you repair it.