1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Disc won't spin...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by x_rider, Sep 29, 2003.

1. x_rider

x_rider Member

Hi guys,
    I posted a while back about having problems with my ps2. Basicly, I was playing socom online and the game froze up and I waited a bit to see if it would kick in again. It didn't kick in so I reseted it. BUT this time it would just go to the screen when you don't have a disc in the drive. I checked the memory card to see if the disc was there so I could boot it that way and there was no disc in the memory card. I tried rebooting, reseting, powered off, turned it off for an hour, turned it upside down, turned it sideways..you name it. This dosn't even show Disc Read Error...well, I did a search on the web about the laser..found one on tech tv and other sites on how to open the ps2 and clean the laser. Well, when I opened it..I checked to see if the disc would turn at all and to my surprise..the disc dosn't even turn. When you reset it or turn it on, it moves the disc only a teeny bit, then it stops. It dosn't read the disc at all!!! So if anyone here may have an idea on how this may be fixed(or an idea of what the problem may be), please post here so I can get back to playing my games.

thanks,
    X

2. wingfan13

wingfan13 Guest

I have this same problem, the disc spins for a second and just stops, does anyone know how to fix this?