1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Disk not readable!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by h_mishima, Apr 22, 2005.

1. h_mishima

h_mishima Guest

Hi guys,

am new here and after much searching came across this forum, so really hope someone can help.
    Well I read your guide to rip a PS2 DVD using DVD decrypter but the problem is it says no DVD present in the medium! I mean even after inserting the DVD in the CD RW/DVD Rom drive, decrypter says no disc present in the medium! So is it only me or something is really wrong? If so can any of you tell me ... what am I suppose to do. I even have Alcohol %120% and even that reports as no dics being present in the drive!

2. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

the only thing I can think that you might have not done, is on dvddecrypter you have to change it so that it is reading an ifo.
    To do this go to the file menu and go down until you get to IFO then select read... also remember to choose which drive you're reading from in the source drive.

hope that made sense?

3. h_mishima

h_mishima Guest

well, yes obviously am doing that ... have a look ... it says no Disc present.

[​IMG]

4. h_mishima

h_mishima Guest

any updates! still waiting guys! please help me out

5. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

well the only other thing i can think of is that it isn;t a dvd based game then - what game is it?
    try taking the game out and putting another game in..see if that one will read.

6. h_mishima

h_mishima Guest

well its soul calibur 2 and it does that for need for speed underground too ... so something wrong with my DVD drive? Well it plays normal DVDs though... :-(

7. Silver28

Silver28 Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but DVD decrypter won't recognize the media if you don't have a DVD burner. And looking at your capture there that's only a CDRW, not a DVDRW.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

http://home.earthlink.net/~moderator/id3.html
    Full DVD Decrypter tutorial.

Now for some dumb questions just to get it all strait.
    You have a DVD/CDRW drive, but is it a DVD burner or just a DVD player? The reason i ask is becuase the burners are usually listed like this
    Matshita-Panasonic | UJ-845-B | Slimline | DVD-\+RW\RAM\DL

have you tried updating to the latest firmware for your drive?

9. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

first of all you have to use [bold]iso read[/bold](not write or ifo) to get an iso to your hd,second of all you cant burn the iso unless you have a dvd burner.combo drives burn cds and read dvds,if they burned dvds they would be called straight dvd-+rw,with people knowing it can read and write cds too.

and by the way is matshita the name brand or the manufactuer of the drive?just curious,ive never heard of that brand

10. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

DUUUHH!! i just re-read what I wrote earlier and yes i did mean to put ISO read.
    And o/p, nobody seems to know what you're doing wrong here or if there's something wrong with your computer or copy of dvddecrypter or what.
    It seems to me that there should be nothing wrong here, even if you haven't got a dvdburner showing on your screenshot it doesn't matter as all you're asking is why won't it READ... i personally use the same drive to read and write the ISO, but I could use my dvdrom drive to read it if I wanted to.
    Have you had any games that would read in that drive? just curious to know if this is a recent thing that's happened to you or if you've never been able to read the ISO on that drive? and you must presumably have a dvdwriter - why not use that drive to read the ISo?

Not getting at you here, but the more information a poster gives people the more solutions people might be able to give you to your problem.

good luck

11. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

@paddymail

every good journalist should proofread before sending to the press. (just messing with you)

anyway,the overall fact is you wont be able to copy your iso to disc without a dvd burner.if you have a hdloader prog for ps2 you dont need a burner.though some people backup to disc even if they have hdloader just in case hd gets damaged or they cant fit all games on hd.