1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Disk Protection and Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by manfrd, Oct 25, 2004.

1. manfrd

manfrd Member

I'm fairly new at PS2 and backups and also pretty confused by now.

I have successfully made a backup of GT3 A-spec simply using the methods described by all, launch program, select mode read iso etc - and later mode write iso - the backup is playing beautifully

Now I am trying to make backups of GTA-Vice City and MGS-Sons of Liberty - both have failed twice

Now after reading all the different guides and forums (I must have joined 5 or more by now)

I wonder is there something specific about the protection on those games or is it just that my media is bad - this is different media than to what I used on GT3 ?

If I use DVD Decrypter to capture and deploy the image - is there anything else I should worry about in terms of Disk Security etc? (now the Newbie in me is shining through?)

I have a PS2 v.9 and Messiah 3.2 chip installed.
    Latest version of DVD Decrypter

Any feedback will be sincerely appreciated

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what media are you using? They have no different copy protection than gt3 has.

3. manfrd

manfrd Member

hi - thanx for the response - am starting to suspect the media - got a dvd info tool and found out the media has an unknown manufacturer - although it has the same name on the box - my own studipity - going to speak to the store that is selling this tomorrow.
    Cause the manufacture id is "iso1" and some of the other parameters looks dodgy as well