1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 disk tray issues

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by darkgirl3, Apr 30, 2007.

1. darkgirl3

darkgirl3 Member

Ok, swap Magic's swap card jammed my PS2 about a month ago. I finally decided to open it up and look at it. I have the top off of it and the disk cover off so I can see the inside of it. My tray will come about 1/4 of the way out, not exactly half way out. I can get it all the way out, but it makes a horrid clicking noise when I pull it out. Since I was using the swap card wrong, I think I damaged a cog on the tray or something. I was pulling on the wrong thing when I was using it, thinking it was the right thing.

So now for my questions. First, can this be fixed? If so, how? If not, where can I buy a replacement tray or is that even my problem? Also, if I can without fixing the tray, can I use the flip top cover (Swap Magic's flip top cover) for my PS2?

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You can't use the flip-top cover first of all because what it simply does is replace the PS2's casing, not the damaged CD/DVD drive from your PS2. From my guess, I believe the problem you are having is with your drive, and you can remedy this by replacing it although that's merely my speculation based upon what you've said. As for a place I could recommend, try teammodders.com.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  3. darkgirl3

darkgirl3 Member

Ok, thank you. That helps knowing what my problem could be. I'll check out that website.